National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM)
Day by Day the huge numbers of homeless peoples are increased in city areas. They face more problems for their Day to Day living. Alleviating poverty providing safe and secure shelter for better rest to recuperate their strength and do their routine life.
So that, the corporation of Chennai have initiated shelter project for the homeless persons as per the direction from the supreme court, the corporation of Chennai identify us (ALL THE CHILDREN) the one of the partner agency for implementing the shelter project in zone V (N.S.C. Bose Road, Near Broadway Bus stand) for men. Professionally qualified counselors are appointed in a shelter. The shelter has the capacity of accommodating 50 beneficiaries.THE CHENNAI CORPORATION
AMENITIES PROVIDING AT THE SHELTER
- Safe and clean ventilated rooms.
- Water arrangements (Potable drinking water and other needs) and sanitation.
- Adequate bathing & toilet facilities.
- Facilitation for convergence with other services/entitlements.
- Standard lighting for shelter.
- Adequate fire protection measures, as per the norms.
- First aid kit.
- Pest and vector (mosquito) control
- Regular cleaning of blankets, mattresses and sheets, and maintenance of other services.
- Common kitchen/cooking space, necessary utensils for cooking and serving, cooking gas connections etc.